PUBLIC DATA OF THE ASSOCIATION
Official name and abbreviation: Magyar Levéltárosok Egyesülete (MLE)
Official name in English: Association of Hungarian Archivists
Official name in German: Verein der Ungarischen Archivare
Seat: 1139 Budapest, Teve street. 3–5.
Postal address: 1554 Budapest, Pf. 41.
Bank account number: 11705008-20106720-00000000 (OTP)
Tax number: 19025001-1-41
Court record: Pk. 61.412 (1990.02.13.) Fővárosi Bíróság
Court registration number: 1252.
THE ASSOCIATION’S OBJECTIVES AND FUNCTIONS
1. The objective of the association:
- Promotion of the social perception of Hungarian archival science; the collaboration of the staff members of different institutions generating and preserving documents of lasting value, in order to ensure the storage and social use of the archival material;
- Raising the professional awareness of Hungarian archivists; supporting their commitment, promotion of their self-activity;
- Promotion of the social, professional and material appreciation of the Hungarian archivists.
2. The functions of the association:
- It participates in the extensive promotion of archival science: it delivers its opinion on issues related to archival science, acting on its own initiative or upon request by governmental or social organizations;
- It regularly provides information to the members about the activities of the association both orally and in writing;
- It promotes the exchange of professional and other information related to the archives or archivists;
- It makes proposals on awards based on work in the association, or delivers its opinion on such matters upon request by other organizations;
- It maintains relations with domestic and foreign professional institutions, associations, archivist organizations and archivists of other countries;
(extract from the Rules of the MLE)
The operation of the Association of Hungarian Archivists is supported by the
Prime Minister’s Office,
Human Capacities Grant Management Office,
National Cooperation Fund.
To obtain more detailed information about the activities of the Association, open “Association” from the File menu.